MPS Social workers are currently looking to cover a vacancy within the Bridgend area for an ELSA support worker for a 6 month period.
To support vulnerable children (aged 5 – 11 years) and their families / carers to improve their wellbeing and resilience in order to maximise their life chances and reach their full potential
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Direct work with targeted children in a 121 or group setting aimed at increasing resilience and emotional wellbeing.
- Liaising with parents / carers and other professionals including schools, Safeguarding, Police etc. to ensure continuity of support.
- Develop innovative and bespoke interventions in order to best engage targeted children and their families / carers.
- Work as part of a multi-agency locality team to enable children and their families / carers to access services relevant to their needs.
- Contribute to the monitoring, planning and reviewing process, maintaining accurate records of activity via an electronic database.
- Contribute to service and team development through team meetings, practice forum and other organisational events.
Be familiar with child protection procedures and comply with them at all times, including the maintenance and compliance with statutory and mandatory training requirements