MPS Social Workers have the following position available, to be successful for this position you will need to be able to:
- Working within the legislative, regulatory and policy framework that relates to the Adult Services;
- Carrying out high quality assessments of the needs of people with a Learning Disability and their families at the direction of the Team Manager.
- Creating plans that address the needs identified in assessments; coordinating those plans; monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of the plans.
- Working with individuals, families, carer groups and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning;
- Working with other agencies and professionals, service users and their families in a coordinated manner to address the needs of people with a Learning Disability.
- Working effectively as a member of a professional team, contributing to multi-disciplinary working and assisting more experienced Social Workers in undertaking high risk and complex cases including court proceedings.
- Taking responsibility, with the Team Manager and Senior Practitioner, to maintain and develop professional practice, including identifying training needs.
- Identifying unmet need and drawing it to the attention of Managers in the Service, and assisting in the collection of data as required.