MPS Social Workers are currently looking for a Social Worker to work on the Children’s Social Care Team for BCBC. The teams job is to manage an allocated caseload to achieve positive outcomes for children/young people and their families, including child protection, children and families in need of care and support and children who are looked after by the Local Authority.
Full time hours (37.5 per week) with an hourly rate of £27.50 but the rate of pay is negotiable. The placement will run for 3 months (with the potential of more if needs be) with an ASAP start.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- Working with the legislative, regulatory and policy framework of the Safeguarding and Assessment Service;
- Creating and reviewing outcome based care plans that address the needs identified in assessments;
- Carrying out high quality care and support assessments of the needs of children and families at the direction of the Team Manager;
- To work with individuals, families, carer groups and communities to help them make informed decisions, enabling them to clarify and express their needs and contribute to service planning;
- Working with other agencies and professionals in a co-ordinated manner to address the needs of children and their families, including preparing and participating in decision making forums;
- Identifying unmet need and drawing it to the attention of Managers in the Service, and assisting in the collection of data as required;
- Working effectively as a member of a professional team, contributing to multi-disciplinary working and assisting more experienced Social Workers in undertaking high risk and complex cases;
- Taking responsibility, with Deputy Team Manager and the Team Manager, to maintain and develop professional practice, including identifying training needs.
Why Choose MPS Social Workers as your agency?
One of the leading framework suppliers to the NHS in Wales for over 15 years.
-Being a Framework supplier means we work in partnership with Health Board and Local Authority colleagues, to provide a quality and value for money service.
-Experienced staff who understand the needs and requirements of both our candidates and clients. -Electronic Interviews via Skype or Zoom.
-Free DBS, Uniform & Mandatory training via our learning pool. Great reward scheme with discounts at over 1000 companies.
-A brilliant candidate care team who really take the time to understand and help with any personal or professional issues you may be experiencing.
-24 hour On-call service.
-Refer a friend bonus for any of the following professions – Nurses, Teachers, AHP Staff & Social workers.
Network Recruitment Wales is the holding group for MPS Healthcare – Social Workers Still not sure if agency work is for you?
Just give MPS Social Workers or email us at and any member of our team will be able to help you.
Isn’t it time you worked for an organisation that cares for you?
Join the best, join MPS Social Workers!