MPS AHPs are currently searching for a Counsellor for a position based in the Bridgend area.
To provide face to face counselling to young people aged 11-25 years within BCBC in a range of Schools and Youth Community settings.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
- To provide a counselling service for young people in BCBC aged 11-25 years through the provision of an appropriate counselling contract, and to offer therapeutic interventions for as long as necessary;
- To assess the needs of young people seeking counselling, and recommend suitable follow-up support and referral to other agencies, e.g. CAMHS, Social Services, Adult Mental Health Services, and to liaise and work effectively with other statutory and voluntary services, for example, YOT, Social Services, and Youth Services;
- To work within British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) guidelines, in particular to adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy;
- To provide a safe, therapeutic environment for young people and provide the opportunity to talk in a confidential, non-judgmental, empathetic space about issues and concerns they may be facing in their lives, to encourage the development and well-being of young people;
- To involve client family members within the therapeutic process where appropriate and provide information, guidance and advice so that families can provide appropriate and ongoing support to the young person outside of the therapy room;
- To ensure client confidentiality within the counselling services at all times, subject to concerns about a young person’s welfare/mental health concerns;
- To maintain accurate records reflecting and demonstrating the impact support has on improving outcomes for young people.
- To promote the rights of young people and implement the Extending Entitlement guidelines, and to keep abreast of legislation linked to the counselling field;
- To attend regular appropriate training, supervision and team meetings as agreed by the line manager in order to maintain own professional development or to enhance competence within job role, and toundertake monitoring and evaluation activities associated with the project and provide relevant associated information;
- To undertake any duties and responsibilities that commensurate with the grade of the post, and participate in the regular review of the content of the job description.
Not sure if agency work is for you?
Drop us a message on Facebook - MPS Healthcare; for more info.
Isn’t it time you worked for an organisation that cares for you?
Join the best, join MPS!